Promotions will help you increase sales over a short period of time. The UpMenu online food ordering system makes it possible to offer advanced promotions for customers which will increase the number of orders.
Create a promotion for your customers in a few simple steps
- Create a discount that will define the terms of the promotion. See how – read the article entitled How to create a discount.
- Choose “Promotions” in the “Marketing” section
- Click “New promotion” in the top right corner
- Fill out informations the pop up form.
- Choose the discount that will apply in this promotion.
- Save your changes.
- Hidden – the promotion will be active but it won’t be displayed on the restaurant website or in the mobile app
- Disabled – the promotion will not be active
- Available on specific days and hours – if you want the promotion to be active on specific days and/or at specific times
If you don’t check “Hidden” when creating a promotion in the online food ordering system on your restaurant website, a new category will be created. It will always be displayed first. All your promotions and events that you have created but not hidden can be found there.
When placing an order
The promotion will be applied automatically when placing an order. Depending on the conditions of promotion you define, the customer will see the lower amount immediately in the cart or after entering their details. Either your products or the customer’s data will be used as the discount activator contained in the promotion.