Generating online orders is one of the basic features of the online food ordering system. It enables you to earn more by selling food online. Accepting and rejecting orders in the UpMenu system is also very simple.
In order to start collecting orders, you will need access to the internet and a device that supports any internet browser, e.g. a tablet.
Orders can be found in the “Orders” section. When a new order arrives, you will hear a loud signal that will go on until you accept or reject an order.
Such a sound informing you about a new order will only be heard when you are in the “Orders” section in the administrative panel UpMenu system. The device you use cannot be allowed to go into sleep mode so you should disable this option. You can also install an application to prevent the device from sleeping.
How is the order placed?
After accessing your website or mobile application, the customer chooses the MENU/ORDER ONLINE section. Thanks to the online ordering system, they can select the meals of their choice, specify their data, and place the order.
The online ordering system then sends it to the UpMenu administrative panel of your restaurant.
Quick acceptance and rejection of orders
Online orders from your website arrive in the “Orders” section in the online food ordering system. This is where you can accept or reject orders. All orders from the last 72 hours are visible.
- Click the “Orders” section in the administrative panel.
- Then click “Start taking orders”.
- Choose one of the new orders.
- If you want to accept an order choose “Accept” and then let the customer know the order processing time.
- If you want to reject an order, click “Reject” and provide a reason for rejection.
What will your customers see?
When you customer places an order, they will see the order summary along with a message that it was submitted. It will also inform the customer that the confirmation is pending.
When you accept an order, the page with the order summary will be refreshed for the customer and they will see a clock that will count down the specified processing time.
In the case of rejecting an order, the customer will also be notified about this. They will see the reason for rejection. Thanks to this, when the reason for rejection is absence of an ingredient for instance, they can order something else.
Orders that you will see on the list in the “Orders’ section can have different statuses:
- New – new order that you can accept or reject
- Accepted – order was accepted. You will then see the processing time that you chose under the status as well as the time when the order is to be processed
- Rejected – an order that cannot be executed for whatever reasons
- Payment pending – the order will be paid online, and the system is waiting for the funds to be transferred
- Payment cancelled – the order was supposed to be paid online but for whatever reasons, the payment was cancelled on the part of the customer
You can always find information about an order
In the “Orders” section, you can find orders from the last 72h. You will also have access to all orders that were submitted through the online food ordering system.
- Choose the “Reports” section
- Then choose “Order history”
- Use the search engine to find orders that you are interested in, for instance, from a specific period or only orders that were rejected.
This will enable you to check which customers order the most and most often, or which dishes are the most profitable. On this basis, you can make more profitable business decisions and increase your profits.
Quick and easy collection of orders will help your team. They will save the time they spent on taking orders via telephone and this will be able to use it for servicing customers in the restaurant. Additionally, you can forget about errors when noting details of an order via telephone – now all information can be found in the online food ordering system.
If you have any further questions regarding collection of orders in the UpMenu system, please feel free to contact us!