Thanks to the online ordering system, you can configure the costs of packaging for transport of products.
Additionally, the UpMenu online ordering system will enable you to configure these costs in any way, e.g. depending on the order value. This is your restaurant and your decision.
Adding packaging costs using two methods
This method enables you to set packaging cost that depend on the order value. Thanks to this, you can configure the costs of packaging as you wish, e.g. packaging cost of $1.00 for orders up to $30 and $2.00 for orders exceeding $30.
- Go to the “Settings” section and then choose “Packaging costs”.
- Choose “Packaging costs depending on order value”.
- Enter the order value for which the packaging cost will be applicable and enter the cost of packaging with this order value.
- Click “plus” – new fields will appear. Enter the order value for which higher packaging cost will be applicable and nter the cost of packaging with this order value, etc.
- Save your changes.
The second method will enable you to add a particular packaging cost to each product in the online ordering system. This is a very useful option, for instance, when you use different packaging for different meals. This way, you don’t have to take the average from all types of packaging but instead, you can apply a particular cost of packaging to a given meal.
- Go to the “Settings” section and then choose “Packaging costs”. Choose “Packaging cost for a single item”.
- Expand the selected product category. Next to each product, you will find a field for entering the packaging cost. Enter the amount.
- Changes are saved automatically.