Table of Contents
If you’re a restaurant owner, you know how important it is to be visible online. After all, potential customers are searching for restaurants on Google every day. One of the best ways to make sure your restaurant is visible on Google is to create and optimize a listing on Google My Business (GMB). GMB is a free platform that allows businesses to manage their online information, including their hours, location, and contact details.
Your own branded restaurant website in minutes
Get a beautifully designed website that converts online visitors into customers and keep your customers coming back.
Start free trial
Google My Business for Restaurants – How to Optimize Your Business
So, how do you go about optimizing your GMB listing for restaurants? Here are a few tips:
1. Claim your listing. If you haven’t already claimed your GMB listing, do so now. This step is important because it allows you to control the information that is displayed about your restaurant.
2. Add photos. Customers are more likely to choose a restaurant that has photos, so make sure to add some to your GMB listing. Include photos of your food, your restaurant interior, and your staff.
3. Complete all of the information fields. When customers are looking for a restaurant, they want to know things like your hours, address, and phone number. So, make sure all of this information is filled out on your GMB listing.
4. Encourage reviews. Google reviews can help to increase your visibility and attract more customers. So, encourage your happy customers to leave reviews on your GMB listing.
5. Use GMB Insights. GMB Insights is a tool that provides data about how customers are interacting with your listing. Use this data to make changes to your listing and improve your visibility.
Your own branded ordering
mobile app that drive loyalty
Eeasy-to-use native iOS and Android ordering apps that put your restaurant right in your customer’s pocket.
Start free trial
6. Use GMB posts. GMB posts are a great way to share information about your restaurant, including special offers and events. Be sure to include attractive photos and calls to action in your posts.
By following these tips, you can optimize your GMB listing and attract more customers to your restaurant. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Getting Started with Google My Business for Restaurants
Getting started with GMB is easy. Just create a listing for your business and make sure to include accurate and up-to-date information. Once your listing is created, you can start optimizing it by adding photos, updating your hours and contact information, and responding to reviews. You can also use GMB Insights to track how customers are interacting with your listing and make changes accordingly.
If you’re not already using GMB for your restaurant, there’s no time like the present to get started. follow the steps below to create and optimize your listing.
1. Go to google.com/business and click “Start now.”
2. Enter your business name and address. If your business is already listed, you can claim it by verifying your ownership.
3. Choose the correct business category. For restaurants, some relevant categories include “Restaurant,” “Cafe,” and “Food & Drink.”
4. Enter your contact information. This should include your website, phone number, and hours of operation.
5. Add photos. Customers love seeing photos of food, so be sure to add some high-quality photos of your menu items.
6. Publish your listing. Once you’ve entered all the required information and added photos, click “Publish” to make your listing live.
Optimizing Your Google My Business Listing for Restaurants
Your GMB listing is what comes up when potential customers search for your restaurant on Google. It includes your business name, address, hours, contact information, and user-generated reviews and photos.
Making sure your GMB listing is up-to-date and accurate is crucial to driving customers to your restaurant. Below you will find the best practises and a few tips on how to optimize your GMB listing for restaurants:
1. Fill out all of the information fields
Make sure to fill out all of the information fields on your GMB listing. This includes your business name, address, hours, contact information, and category.
2. Add photos and videos
Adding photos and videos to your GMB listing can help it stand out and give potential customers a better sense of what your restaurant is like. Try to add a mix of photos, including ones of your food, your dining room, and your staff. You can also add videos, such as a tour of your restaurant or a clip of your chef preparing a dish.
3. Encourage reviews and ratings
Customers’ reviews and ratings are prominently featured on GMB listings, so it’s important to encourage happy customers to leave them. You can do this by sending follow-up emails or offering incentives, such as discounts or freebies.
4. Respond to reviews
In addition to encouraging customers to leave reviews, you should also take the time to respond to them. This shows that you value your customers’ feedback and are willing to address any concerns they may have.
5. Use Google My Business Insights
Google My Business Insights is a powerful tool that provides data on how customers are finding and interacting with your GMB listing. This information can help you understand what’s working and what needs to be improved.
How to Use Google My Business Insights for Restaurants
GMB insights are data and metrics that show how customers are interacting with your business listing on Google. This information can be helpful in a number of ways, including:
• Understanding how customers find your listing
• Seeing which actions customers take after finding your listing
• Identifying which marketing campaigns are driving customers to your listing
• Determining which listing features are most popular with customers
To access your GMB insights, log into your GMB account and click on the “Insights” tab. From there, you’ll see an overview of how customers are interacting with your listing.
You can also use the “Compare” function to see how your current performance compares to past periods. This can be helpful in spotting trends and determining whether your marketing efforts are having a positive impact.
How to Use GMB Insights to Improve Your Restaurant’s Operations
Here are a few specific ways you can use GMB insights to improve your restaurant’s operations:
1. Use the “How Customers Find You” Report to See if Your Listing is Easy to Find
The “How Customers Find You” report shows you the search terms that customers use to find your listing. This information can be used to determine if your listing is easy to find.
For example, let’s say you see that customers are searching for your restaurant by its name but not by its location. This could be an indication that your listing is not properly optimized for location. As a result, you might want to make sure that your listing includes your restaurant’s address and that it’s easy to find.
2. Use the “Actions on Your Listing” Report to See Which Listing Features are Most Popular
The “Actions on Your Listing” report shows you which actions customers are taking after finding your listing. This information can be used to determine which listing features are most popular with customers.
For example, let’s say you see that a lot of customers are clicking on your restaurant’s website link. This suggests that they’re interested in learning more about your business. As a result, you might want to make sure that your website is up-to-date and includes all the information that potential customers would be looking for.
3. Use the “Clicks to Call” Report to See if Your Contact Information is Easy to Find
The “Clicks to Call” report shows you how many customers are clicking on your listing’s phone number. This information can be used to determine if your contact information is easy to find.
For example, let’s say you see that very few customers are clicking on your phone number. This could be an indication that your contact information is not prominently displayed on your listing. As a result, you might want to make sure that your phone number is easy to find and click on.
4. Use the “Driving Directions” Report to See if Your Location is Easy to Find
The “Driving Directions” report shows you how many customers are requesting driving directions to your restaurant. This information can be used to determine if your location is easy to find.
For example, let’s say you see that very few customers are requesting driving directions. This could be an indication that your location is not prominently displayed on your listing or that it’s not easy to find. As a result, you might want to make sure that your listing includes your restaurant’s address and that it’s easy to find.
5. Use the “Photos” Report to See if Your Listing is Eye-Catching
The “Photos” report shows you how many customers are viewing the photos on your listing. This information can be used to determine if your listing is eye-catching.
For example, let’s say you see that very few customers are viewing the photos on your listing. This could be an indication that your photos are not eye-catching or that they’re not prominently displayed on your listing. As a result, you might want to make sure that your listing includes high-quality photos that are prominently displayed.
Google My Business is a powerful tool that can be used to help restaurants succeed. And one of the best ways to use GMB is to take advantage of its insights.
GMB insights provide valuable data and metrics that can be used to improve your restaurant’s marketing and operations. So if you’re not already using GMB insights, we recommend you start today.
If you’re a restaurant owner, it’s super important to have a Google My Business listing. Why? Because online business cards help increase online orders. They provide potential customers with your restaurant’s name, address, hours, and contact information – all of which makes it easier for them to find and order from you. Plus, customers can leave reviews and ratings on your listing, which can further encourage others to try your restaurant. So if you have an online ordering system such as UpMenu, be sure to link it from your restaurant website via Google My Business. It’s a great way to streamline the ordering process for customers and make it more convinient for them.
Do you have any tips on how to use GMB insights? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.