Restaurant website builders
What is the best restaurant website builder?The best restaurant website builder is UpMenu, as it’s feature-packed, easy to use, and offers a generous freemium plan. When deciding on a restaurant website builder, it’s important to look for a solution that satisfies your specific needs, has all the features you’re looking for, and is fairly priced.
Why do restaurants need websites?Restaurants need websites for various reasons – but when it comes down to it, it’s mainly for attracting new customers and streamlining operations. Here are a few extra reasons why restaurant websites are so crucial for businesses:
- Building an online presence: An online presence is essential for any business, including restaurants. A website serves as a virtual storefront, allowing potential clients to discover your restaurant, view your menu, and learn more about the business.
- Displaying an online menu: A website is an excellent platform for restaurants to showcase their menus and share photos, prices, and menu item descriptions. Customers can easily browse the menu and decide what to order before visiting the restaurant.
- Online ordering option: Many restaurants offer online ordering through their websites, allowing customers to order their meals for pickup or delivery, which increases sales and improves the customer experience.
- Reservation management: A website can allow customers to place table reservations online, simplifying the process for both the restaurant and the customer.
- Marketing activities: A website can be an effective marketing tool for restaurants, which can be used to promote special events, share latest the promotions or discounts, and any news related to the restaurant.
- Accessibility: A website can make a restaurant accessible to a wider audience, including those who cannot visit the physical location. Customers can view menus, place orders, and make reservations from the comfort of their own homes.
What features should you look for?When looking for a restaurant website builder, there are several features you should consider:
- Free trial: reliable restaurant builders should come with a free trial period for users to test the system.
- Free restaurant website templates: Free website templates help streamline the website creation process without coding.
- Drag-and-drop builder: this feature allows for quick, no-code website customization.
- SEO-friendly websites: SEO tools that position the restaurant website higher in Google search results, which helps get it seen by potential customers.
- Free website hosting: Ensure your website builder has free hosting so you’re not stuck with hefty fees.
- Free SSL certificate: Make sure that your builder’s website option comes with a free SSL certificate to secure your website.
- Multi-language: Ensure that the website builder offers a multi-language option so that you’re able to offer all of your customers a positive experience on your website.
- Multi-location support (restaurant chain support): If you have more than one restaurant business location, this feature is essential for you, as it allows you to manage all your restaurants from one spot.
- Restaurant online ordering system: This feature allows your customers to order their meals directly through your website without calling your business.
- Branded restaurant mobile app (Android & IOS): This feature allows users to build their own branded app, which customers can download and use to place their food orders from.
- Table reservations: With this feature, customers can make online reservations directly through their mobile app.
- Order-taking app: This app for restaurant owners allows the user to accept or decline incoming food orders, which helps to streamline the food ordering process.
- Delivery zone management: This feature allows restaurant owners to create delivery zones on their website, showing customers where the restaurant can deliver their orders and the fees.
- Menu item modifiers: Users can add this option to their menu, allowing customers to modify their orders how they see fit.
- Multiple menus: Design multiple menus without having to replace the previous one.
- Inventory: This feature helps you manage inventory levels so that you know how many ingredients you have available.
- Third-party delivery service integrations: This option allows you to link your website builder to third-party delivery services that deliver food orders to your customers.
- POS Integrations: An essential feature for restaurants that allows restaurant owners to take online and card payments from customers.
Key features comparison matrixThis comparison matrix will help you determine which of the 9 best restaurant website builders are ideal for your business by comparing their prices, features, and integrations with other solutions.
|Price||Free||$14 per month||$60 per month||$149 per month||$129 per month||Free||$14 per month||$16 per month||$29 per month |
|Free Restaurant Website Templates|
|SEO Friendly Websites|
|Free SSL Certificate|
|Multi-language ||(but is limited to a few pages)|
|Multi-location (restaurant chain support)|
|Restaurant Online Ordering System|
|Branded Restaurant Mobile App (Android & IOS) || |
|Table Reservations|| |
(available via third-party integration)
(available via third-party integration)
(available via third-party integration)
(available via third-party integration)
|Order Taking App|| |
(available via third-party integration)
(available via third-party integration)
(available via third-party integration)
|Delivery Zone Management|
|Menu Item Modifiers|
(available via third-party integration)
|Third-Party Delivery Service Integrations|
UpMenu is a powerful cloud-based restaurant site builder designed specifically for the restaurant industry with advanced features that help restaurant owners easily build their websites and online menus. Unlike most generic website builders that only provide you with your own restaurant website, UpMenu lets you manage online food orders, drive customer loyalty, create a branded mobile app, track gift card sales, generate real-time reports, design menu page layouts and more.
- Specialized restaurant website builder: unlike other website builders, UpMenu is created specifically for the food service industry, which means it provides the right built-in restaurant features businesses need.
- Mobile app builder: UpMenu stands out from other restaurant site builders with its mobile app builder option, which makes creating a branded ordering app effortless.
- Free plan: UpMenu comes with a free plan so you can build a restaurant website completely free.
- Menu and website templates: UpMenu’s menu and website templates are what makes it the perfect restaurant website builder. Choose from over 40 template options and use the drag and drop editor to create your very own online menu and website to match your branding.
- Integration with third-party services: UpMenu integrates with various third-party services, such as POS systems and delivery providers, which helps streamline restaurant operations and provide a more seamless ordering and delivery experience for customers.
- Menu item modifiers: UpMenu allows restaurant customers to add modifiers to menu items, such as adding or removing ingredients.
- Inventory management: UpMenu gives restaurant owners access to inventory management features, which help them keep track of stock levels and avoid running out of menu items.
- Customer database and loyalty program: UpMenu provides restaurant owners with a customer database linked with the built-in loyalty program, which helps restaurants track and analyze customer behavior and reward them for their purchases to tie them closer to the restaurant.
- Limited payment providers: although UpMenu offers integrations with payment providers like Stripe, Adyen, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and PayU, restaurant owners that do not operate with these providers can feel left out.
UpMenu is the best free website builder that comes with all the essential features a restaurant owner needs. Additional paid plans with more advanced features start at just $49 per month.
Duda is a website-building platform that provides designs and tools specifically for constructing websites for restaurants, which helps them establish an online presence, take online food orders, and share their menus. In addition, Duda provides various tools, including menu management, an online ordering feature, reservation management, and customer relationship management tools.
- Customizable templates: Duda offers a range of website templates specifically designed for restaurants, which can be fully customized to match a business’ branding.
- Mobile-responsive designs: Duda’s templates are designed to be mobile-friendly and optimized for smartphones and tablets.
- Robust e-commerce features: Duda’s ecommerce restaurant builder features include online order management, table reservations, and integrating with various payment gateways.
- Menu management: Duda’s platform offers tools for creating and managing menus, including being able to add images, descriptions, and pricing.
- Marketing features: Duda includes built-in marketing tools like email campaigns, pop-ups, and social media integrations to help restaurants promote their business and reach new customers.
- Limited customization: While Duda does offer some customization options, some restaurants might feel limited when looking to create a truly unique website. Customization options for templates are limited, and more flexibility may be needed when adding certain features.
- Limited restaurant-specific features: Duda is a general website builder and only offers a few features that are specific to restaurants, such as online ordering or reservation systems.
- Steep learning curve: Despite its user-friendly interface, Duda may still have a steep learning curve for those unfamiliar with website building.
- Additional costs: While the basic features of Duda are free, some advanced features, such as analytics and SSL certificates, require additional costs.
Depending on the user’s needs, Duda offers several pricing plans for their website builder. Prices start at just $14 per month for their Basic plan.
Square for restaurants is an ecommerce restaurant website builder designed explicitly for restaurants that allow business owners to manage their entire restaurant operations from one system, including menu, staff, and inventory management.
Square offers features including customizable menus that can be easily updated in real-time, support for multiple order types, and integration with popular food delivery services like Caviar, DoorDash, and Postmates.
- Streamlined restaurant management: Square for restaurants provides a comprehensive platform for managing restaurant operations, including menu management, staff management, inventory management, and sales reporting.
- Customizable menus: Square allows for menu customization in real-time. This makes it easy for restaurants to change their menus and offer promotions or specials.
- Integration with popular food delivery services: Square for Restaurants integrates with popular food delivery services like Caviar, DoorDash, and Postmates.
- Advanced features for restaurant-specific needs: Square includes several advanced features specifically designed for restaurants, such as table management, split checks, and tip management.
- Scalability: Square is a scalable solution that can grow with a restaurant’s needs. It offers several hardware options, including a variety of terminals, printers, and card readers, and can be integrated with other Square products like Square Online Store, and Square Marketing.
- Cost: Square may come at a higher price than other POS systems. In addition to hardware costs, there are fees for credit card processing and other features like Square Marketing.
- Learning curve: Square may have a steeper learning curve for restaurant staff unfamiliar with the system.
- Limited customization: While Square offers customizable menus, it may offer less customization flexibility than other POS systems.
Limited support: While Square offers dedicated customer support, the level of support may not be enough for some restaurant owners who need more personalized assistance.
Square for Restaurants offers several pricing plans, depending on the restaurant’s needs. Aside from the Free plan, Square’s Plus plan starts at $60 per month per location and includes more advanced features like employee management, team management, and advanced reporting.
BentoBox is a digital platform that allows restaurants and food service providers to manage their takeout and delivery orders. It is an all-in-one solution that streamlines the ordering process, tracks orders in real-time, and provides customer data and analytics to help businesses make informed decisions.
- Customized websites: BentoBox offers custom website design and development services tailored explicitly to restaurants’ needs.
- Online ordering: BentoBox provides online ordering functionality, allowing restaurants to accept orders through their website.
- SEO and marketing tools: BentoBox offers marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) services to help restaurants increase their online visibility and attract more customers.
- E-commerce solutions: BentoBox provides e-commerce solutions that allow restaurants to sell merchandise, gift cards, and other products directly through their website.
- Analytics and reporting: BentoBox provides analytics and reporting tools that allow restaurants to track their website traffic, online orders, and customer data.
- Cost: The BentoBox system may be expensive for small restaurants or businesses with limited budgets. The cost may include website design and development fees, monthly subscription, and transaction fees for online orders.
- Limited customization: Although BentoBox provides customized website design and development services, there may be limitations to the level of customization that can be achieved.
- Dependence on third-party services: The BentoBox system relies heavily on third-party services such as payment processors and delivery services.
Training and support: Some restaurant staff may require training to use the BentoBox system effectively, which can take time and resources. Additionally, the quality of BentoBox’s customer support may vary.
BentoBox offers a variety of pricing plans for their services, depending on the needs and size of the restaurant. Plans generally include a combination of website design and development, online ordering, marketing and SEO services, and e-commerce solutions, and prices start at $149 per month for the Essential plan.
Popmenu is a digital marketing and menu platform designed for restaurants. The platform provides various features to help restaurants improve their online presence, attract customers, and increase revenue. Popmenu’s platform includes a custom website builder, menu management tools, online ordering, marketing options, and customer engagement tools.
- Interactive menu system: Popmenu offers an interactive menu design system that allows restaurants to create visually appealing and easy-to-navigate menus that are optimized for online ordering and search engines.
- Custom website builder: Popmenu provides a custom website builder that allows restaurants to create a professional, user-friendly website that showcases their brand, menu, and services.
- Online ordering functionality: Popmenu provides online ordering functionality, which allows restaurants to accept orders directly through their website or social media platforms.
- Marketing and customer engagement tools: Popmenu offers a suite of marketing and customer engagement tools, including email marketing, review management, and customer feedback.
- Data and analytics: Popmenu provides data and analytics tools that allow restaurants to track their online performance, understand their customers, and make data-driven decisions about their menus and marketing strategies.
- Cost: Popmenu can be expensive for small restaurants with limited budgets. The platform charges a hefty $149 monthly subscription fee, which can add up over time, especially for restaurants just starting out.
- Limited customization: While Popmenu offers some customization options for menus, there are limitations to what can be changed.
- Limited integrations: Popmenu only integrates with a few popular restaurant POS systems, which can be problematic for restaurants that rely on specific POS software to manage their operations.
- Learning curve: For restaurants that are new to using technology to manage their menus, there may be a learning curve associated with using Popmenu. This can be a challenge for restaurants that are already busy and may not have the time to devote to learning a new platform.
Popmenu’s Starter package costs $149/month and includes features like online menus, online ordering, basic analytics, and basic customer support. The Growth package costs $249/month and has all the features in the Starter package, plus additional tools, such as gift cards, a custom free domain, enhanced analytics, and priority customer support.
GloriaFood is a cloud-based restaurant management system that offers various tools and features to help restaurants manage their operations, streamline their processes, and improve their online presence. The platform provides multiple services, such as online ordering, menu builder, table reservations, POS integration, menu management, delivery management, and more.
- Free online ordering system: GloriaFood’s online ordering system is completely free to use, which can be a significant cost savings for restaurants.
- User-friendly interface: GloriaFood has a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easy for restaurant owners and staff to manage their operations, such as menu management, table reservations, and order processing.
- Integration with POS systems: GloriaFood integrates with various POS systems, which makes it easy for restaurants to manage their orders, inventory, and customer data in one place.
- Customizable branding: GloriaFood’s online ordering system can be customized to match a restaurant’s branding, which can help create a more seamless and consistent customer experience.
- Comprehensive features: GloriaFood offers a range of features that can help restaurants manage their operations more efficiently, such as delivery management, loyalty programs, and marketing tools, which can help restaurants increase their revenue and improve their customer engagement.
- Limited customization: While GloriaFood’s online ordering system can be customized to match a restaurant’s branding, the level of customization is limited compared to other restaurant management systems.
- Limited customer support: GloriaFood’s customer support is limited to email support and a help center, which may need to be improved for restaurants with urgent issues or questions.
- Limited payment processing options: GloriaFood only supports a limited number of payment processors, which may limit the payment options that restaurants can offer to their customers.
- Limited integration with third-party delivery services: While GloriaFood does offer integration with third-party delivery services, the integration may not be as comprehensive as other restaurant management systems.
- Relatively new platform: GloriaFood is a relatively new platform compared to some other restaurant management systems, which may make some restaurants hesitant to adopt it until it becomes more established in the market.
GloriaFood offers a free version for its online ordering system, which includes features such as unlimited orders, menu management, and table reservations. However, there are some limitations to the free plan, such as the ability to accept online payments, which are only available on paid plans.
GloriaFood’s paid plans are based on a commission model, which means that restaurants pay a percentage of their online order value as a commission fee to GloriaFood. The commission fee varies depending on the plan and the restaurant’s location but start at 2.99% on the Basic Plan.
Wix is a cloud-based web development platform that allows users to create and design basic restaurant websites using drag-and-drop tools and pre-built restaurant specific templates. It also offers a range of features, including website-building tools, website hosting, domain registration, and e-commerce functionality.
- Easy to use: Wix has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for anyone to create a professional-looking website without extensive technical knowledge.
- Customizable templates: Wix offers a wide range of customizable templates that can be tailored to fit your specific needs.
- Extensive app market: Wix has an extensive app market that offers a range of third-party apps to enhance your website’s functionality.
- Mobile-optimized: Wix’s websites are mobile-optimized, meaning they are designed to work well on most mobile devices.
- Affordable pricing: Wix offers a range of affordable pricing plans catering to different needs. Its free plan allows users to create a basic website, while its premium plans offer more advanced features such as e-commerce functionality and priority support.
- Limited customization: While Wix offers a wide range of templates and customization options, it may be limited as to how much the templates can be edited.
- Design restrictions: While Wix’s templates are customizable, they may also have design restrictions that cannot be modified.
- Limited e-commerce functionality: While Wix does offer e-commerce functionality, it may not be as advanced as other e-commerce platforms.
- Advertisements: Wix’s free plan includes advertisements on the website, which can be distracting and undesirable for some users. To remove the ads, users must upgrade to a paid plan.
- Data ownership: Wix owns the data on its platform, meaning that users do not have complete control over it. This may concern users who want to own and control their data.
Although Wix offers a free plan, it can feel limiting, as it includes only basic website building tools, ads, Wix branding on your website, and limited storage and bandwidth.
Paid plans start at just $14 per month and include the ability to connect your domain to your website and additional storage and bandwidth.
- High-quality designs: Squarespace offers a range of customizable, modern templates that are designed to give websites a professional look and feel.
- User-friendly interface: Squarespace’s interface is easy to use and intuitive, making it accessible for all skill levels. Its drag-and-drop and simple editing tools make adding content and customizing your website easy.
- Comprehensive features: Squarespace offers a range of features, including e-commerce functionality, domain registration, analytics, and customer management tools.
- Mobile optimization: Squarespace’s websites are mobile-optimized, meaning they are designed to work well on most mobile devices.
- Strong customer support: Squarespace offers 24/7 customer support through email and live chat.
- Limited customization: While Squarespace offers a range of templates and customization options, some users may need more ability to customize their website to their exact specifications.
- Higher pricing: Squarespace is generally more expensive than other website-building platforms, especially for its advanced plans.
- Steep learning curve: While Squarespace’s interface is user-friendly, there may be a learning curve for users new to website building.
- Limited integrations: Squarespace has fewer third-party integrations than other website-building platforms.
- Lack of ownership: Squarespace owns the data on its platform, meaning that users do not have complete control over their data.
Squarespace plans start at just $16 dollars per month and include a free custom domain for the first year, unlimited bandwidth and storage, and access to all of Squarespace’s website-building tools.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create and manage their online stores and comes with a wide range of tools and features that allow businesses to easily set up an online store, customize its design, manage inventory, process payments, and handle shipping and fulfillment.
- Easy to use: Shopify is a user-friendly platform allowing even those with limited technical expertise to create and manage online stores.
- Wide range of features: Shopify offers a wide range of features and tools that allow businesses to manage all aspects of their online stores, from inventory management to payment processing to shipping and fulfillment.
- Secure and reliable: Shopify is a safe and reliable platform with advanced security measures to protect businesses and their customers.
- Scalable: Shopify is a scalable platform that can easily grow with a business as its needs evolve.
- Support and resources: Shopify offers extensive support and resources to its users, including a 24/7 support team, a knowledge base, and a community forum. It also provides free resources such as webinars, podcasts, and guides to help businesses optimize their stores and grow their online businesses.
- Limited customization options: While Shopify offers many templates and themes, the customization options may be limited for some users who require more flexibility in design and functionality.
- Transaction fees: Shopify charges transaction fees for each sale made through its platform. These fees can add up, especially for high-volume sellers, and may eat into profit margins.
- Dependence on third-party apps: To fully leverage the features of Shopify, users often need to install third-party apps, which can add to the overall cost and complexity of the platform.
- Limited access to customer data: Shopify restricts access to customer data, making it difficult for users to build a complete picture of their customer base and personalize their marketing efforts.
- Platform lock-in: Once a business has invested time and resources into building its online store on Shopify, switching to another platform without significant effort and cost can be difficult. This can be a barrier to growth and flexibility for some businesses.
Shopify offers several pricing plans to accommodate businesses of different sizes and needs. Prices start at $29 per month for the Basic Plan, which includes features such as unlimited products, 24/7 support, two staff accounts, and the ability to accept credit card payments.
- Ease of use: Look for a user-friendly and intuitive platform, even if you have limited technical skills.
- Customization options: Make sure the site builder offers a variety of templates and design elements that allow you to create a unique website that accurately represents your brand.
- Responsiveness: Ensure that the website will look great on any device, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Menu integration: Choose a builder that lets you easily showcase your menu, including photos and descriptions of each dish.
- Online ordering: If you want to sell food online, look for a builder that has a built-in online ordering system.
- Customer reviews: Consider a builder that allows customers to leave reviews and ratings on your website, which can help attract new customers and improve your online reputation.
- Analytics: Look for a builder that provides comprehensive analytics, so you can track visitor behavior and make informed decisions about improving your website.
- Support: Choose a builder with robust support, including a knowledge base, tutorials, and customer service, to help you navigate any challenges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to make a website for a restaurant without experience?
Making a website for a restaurant can be a great way to showcase your menu, location, and other important information to potential customers about your restaurant. Grab our guide on how to create a restaurant website and follow these steps:
- Choose your platform: sign up with UpMenu for a free trial or start off with a freemium account and begin setting up your profile.
- Select and customize a template: Choose a template that fits the style and branding of your restaurant. Next, customize it with your restaurant’s branding, colors, and imagery. Add your menu, location information, and other important details.
- Include high-quality photos: Use high-quality photos of your food and restaurant to showcase your menu and atmosphere.
- Enable online ordering: If you offer online ordering, include a prominent link or button on your website to make it easy for customers to place orders.
- Make it mobile-friendly: Ensure your website is mobile-friendly so customers can easily navigate and view your website on their smartphones and tablets.
How to design a restaurant website with ease
Designing a restaurant site involves several elements, including a layout, typography choices, color schemes, and images.
With UpMenu, you can start designing your website with just a few clicks. After creating your account, add your business details, develop your online menu, and customize your website. First, use UpMenu’s free restaurant website templates and choose a template option that best matches your branding. From there, you can add pages and change colors to make it your own.
How much does a restaurant website cost?
All the website builders like Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress charge between $10 to $50 per month for a basic plan, which includes hosting, domain, and limited features. Premium plans with more features can cost up to $200 monthly.
With UpMenu, the only fee you have to pay is for purchasing a domain, which costs around $13. The rest of the website-building options are free with your UpMenu plan.