The best restaurant websites work to encourage a customer either to place an online order or to come and visit a restaurant. Therefore, high-quality photos and videos and providing a great website UX (user experience) are essential elements of a restaurant website design.
What else is important for making a great restaurant website?
In this article, we will show you how to design a restaurant website and provide 55 designs for creating great restaurant websites.
How to make your own restaurant website?
If you would like to build a beautifully designed website for your restaurant, you can use restaurant website builder
What’s more important, website builders come with ready-to-use restaurant website templates, so you will get the best website design straight out of the box.
Read our step-by-step guide on how to build a restaurant website.
10 key elements of the best restaurant websites
To build one of the best restaurant websites of 2023, you need to know what to include to make it stand out in front of potential customers. Below you can see a list of the elements that require your attention.
1. Beautiful and simple website design (that fits your brand identity)
An attractive and intuitive web design is a crucial factor in building the best restaurant websites. When creating a website design that leaves a good impression on potential customers, start by:
- Using high-quality and mouth-watering photos of your dishes.
- Using bright colors on your home page which match your restaurant brand.
- Implementing a clean and modern design for easy website navigation.
- Put yourself in the shoes of your clients while designing your restaurant website, and make sure your site design entices users.
2. Eye-catching menu (with food photos and not a PDF file)
- Most customers visit your restaurant website and look for your menu before coming to the restaurant. Knowing that, use ready free restaurant menu templates on your website to provide a good customer experience.
- Don’t present your menu in a PDF file, as it is not easy to navigate and may scare away your website visitors.
- If you offer online ordering, ensure an Online Order button is easily noticed, preferably near the navigation bar of your website.
3. Built-in online ordering
Ensure the Online Ordering button is visible to your customers. You can use a different color to highlight it.
Customer ordering preferences
According to Restaurant Business63% of consumers prefer to order delivery directly from the restaurant, compared to 18% who would instead use third parties.
4. Built-in online reservations (if you offer dining at the physical location)
If you take online reservations, make sure your site makes it easy for customers to see information about it instead of having them call you. For that purpose, you can use the UpMenu restaurant reservation system to increase the number of customers visiting your restaurant and reduce the number of no-shows.
5. Mobile optimized
Nowadays, more and more people order online on their mobile devices. While building a website, make it easy to navigate on smartphones. It needs to be mobile-friendly to meet the customers’ buying habits.
6. Search engine optimization
Building a beautiful restaurant website is one thing, but making it easy for customers to find is another story. To help your restaurant website grab your visitor’s attention, turn to UpMenu’s restaurant website templates, which are already optimized for SEO and will rank higher in Google Search results and other search engines.
7. Up-to-date contact info and other data
Remember to put essential information about your business on your restaurant landing page. A great example includes a restaurant address, phone number, business hours, and a link to the restaurant’s food menu.
8. The “About page” (your brand story, who are the restaurant owners, your mission, etc.)
Consider adding an “About us” page to your restaurant website to share information about your brand history. You can also explain why you make the food of a given kitchen type, your restaurant mission, etc.
9. Links to social media
Remember to put the links to social media on your restaurant website. Thanks to that, your customers can easily follow your social media profiles and know about any promotions in your restaurant, menu or business hours changes, etc.
10. Own branded mobile app
To make online ordering even more convenient for your customers, consider building a mobile app for restaurants.
11. Marketing tools integrated with the restaurant website
Your restaurant website gives you a great opportunity to share information with your customers and encourage them to order more. If you have a restaurant loyalty program for your customers, ensure its information is visible on your website. You can also run promotions and offer gift cards to your customers. Another good idea is to use the email collection form on your website. Thanks to that, you can inform customers about new offers and events. In UpMenu, you can use restaurant marketing tools like email, SMS, and push campaigns.
Examples of the 51 best restaurant websites
Let’s see some examples of [best restaurant websites] for design inspiration below. We divided them into categories depending on the restaurant kitchen type.
1. Express Pizza Italy (pizzeria website)
2. Little Italy (pizzeria and Italian restaurant website)
3. New York Pizzeria, Inc. (multi-location pizzeria website)
4. Cheech’s Pizza (multi-page pizzeria website)
5. Asahi Sushi Bar & Restaurant (multi-page sushi website)
6. Sushi Seki (multi-page sushi website)
7. Sushi Star (one-page sushi website)
8. Shuko (multi-page sushi website)
9. Quality Bistro (multi-page website)
10. Bistro (multi-page website)
11. Food truck – Uncle Gussy’s
12. Food truck – Wraps On Wheels
13. Sunday in Brooklyn (fine dining multi-page restaurant)
14. Francie Brooklyn (fine dining multi-page website)
15. Restaurant Daniel (fine dining multi-page website)
16. Atomix (fine dining multi-page website)
17. Jean-Georges Restaurants (fine dining multi-page website)
18. Nice Fries (multi-page fast food website)
19. Pizza Hut (multi-page fast food website)
20. Dairy Queen (multi-locations fast food website)
21. Fast food – Cinnabon
22. The Shrimp (multi-page Asian kitchen website)
23. A Single Pebble (multi-page Chinese kitchen website)
24. Adda (multi-page Indian fare restaurant website)
25. Badmaashla (multi-locations Indian kitchen website)
26. Indian Accent (multi-page Indian kitchen website)
27. Asian kitchen – Thai – MAY KITCHEN + BAR (multi-page Thai kitchen website)
28. RA (multi-locations Japanese kitchen website)
29. Orienta (multi-page Asian kitchen website) – screen z innej strony jest
30. The Kebab Shop (multi-locations kebab restaurant)
31. German Doner Kebab (multi-locations kebab restaurant)
32. Mexicana (multi-page Mexican website)
33. Cafe Express (multi-locations cafe website)
34. Urban Cafe (multi-locations cafe website)
35. Hard Rock Cafe (multi-locations cafe website)
36. Union Square Cafe (multi-page cafe website)
37. Homely Bar (multi-page website)
38. The Pasta Bar (multi-page bar website)
39. The Original Black’s BBQ (multi-locations bbq website)
40. Dreamland BBQ (multi-locations bbq website)
41. Commissary BBQ (multi-locations bbq website)
42. Floury (multi-page bakery website)
43. Coco’s Baker (multi-locations bakery website)
44. La Madeleine (multi-locations bakery website)
45. Corner Bakery (multi-page bakery website)
46. Veggie Girl (multi-locations vege website)
47. Vedge (multi-page vege website)
48. Salandra (multi-page vege website)
49. Avocado (multi-page vege website)
50. Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (multi-locations wine restaurant)
51. Times Ten Cellars (multi-page wine website)
- A website is a sales machine. One crucial function of the [best restaurant websites] is to motivate customers to either order food online or visit the restaurant in person.
- There are at least 10 elements you must consider while building a restaurant website.
- Eye-catching, simple, and beautiful website and menu designs with stunning photos are the most important
- Remember to put yourself in the shoes of your clients while designing your restaurant website.
- Make sure that the Online Ordering button is visible to your customers. You can use a different color to highlight it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why are websites good for restaurants?
- Online presence: Having a website helps restaurants establish an online presence, making it easier for potential customers to find them and learn about their offerings.
- Menu display: Websites can serve as a digital menu for restaurants, allowing customers to easily browse through their offerings and make informed decisions about what they want to order.
- Promotions and offers: Restaurants can use their websites to showcase their latest promotions and offers, encouraging customers to visit and try out their offerings.
- Online reservations: Websites can also allow customers to book reservations online, making the process more convenient and accessible for them.
- Customer reviews and feedback: Websites can serve as a platform for customers to leave reviews and feedback about their dining experiences, which can help restaurants improve their offerings and service.
How can I make a website for my restaurant?
Making a website for your restaurant can be a relatively straightforward process. Here are some steps you can follow to get started:
- Choose a website builder: There are several website builders available that offer templates and tools specifically designed for restaurant websites.
- Select a domain name: Your domain name is the web address where customers will find your website.
- Design your website: Use the tools provided by your chosen website builder to design your website. Make sure to include information such as your menu, location, hours of operation, and contact information.
- Add functionality: Depending on your needs, you may want to add functionality to your website, such as online ordering, reservation booking, or customer feedback forms.
- Launch your website: Once your website is complete, it’s time to launch it! Make sure to promote your website through social media and other marketing channels to attract visitors and customers.
What is the best restaurant website?
Some of the best restaurant websites have the following qualities in common:
- User-friendly: The website is easy to navigate and provides users with the information they need, such as menu items, location, hours of operation, and contact information.
- Visually appealing: The website has an attractive design that reflects the restaurant’s brand and ambiance. High-quality photos of the restaurant and menu items can also be included.
- Mobile-responsive: The website is optimized for mobile devices and can be easily accessed on smartphones and tablets.
- Fast loading speed: The website loads quickly to ensure that users don’t experience any delays or frustrations while browsing.
- Functional: The website has features that enhance the user experience, such as online ordering, reservation booking, and customer feedback forms.
What makes a good restaurant website?
A good restaurant website should have the following qualities:
- Clear and concise information: The website should provide customers with all the essential information, such as the restaurant’s location, hours of operation, menu items, and contact information, in a clear and concise manner.
- Visually appealing design: The website should have a visually appealing design that reflects the restaurant’s brand, ambiance, and cuisine. High-quality photos of the restaurant and its dishes can help entice customers and give them a sense of what to expect.
- Easy to navigate: The website should be easy to navigate, with a simple and intuitive layout that makes it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- Mobile-friendly: With more and more people accessing websites on their smartphones and tablets, a good restaurant website should be optimized for mobile devices, with a responsive design that adjusts to different screen sizes.
- Online food ordering and reservations: Many customers prefer to order food and make reservations online, so a good restaurant website should have these features integrated into the design.
How to create a restaurant website?
Creating a restaurant website can be a great way to showcase your menu, highlight your location, and attract new customers. Here are some steps you can follow to create a restaurant website:
- Choose a platform: You can choose from a variety of website builders, such as WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and UpMenu. Look for a platform that offers restaurant-specific templates and features, such as online ordering and reservations.
- Choose a domain name: Choose a domain name that is easy to remember and relevant to your restaurant’s name.
- Design your website: Choose a template that suits your restaurant’s style and add your menu, photos of your restaurant, and other relevant information such as hours of operation, location, and contact details.
- Add online ordering and reservations: Many website builders offer plugins and integrations for online ordering and reservations. This feature can help streamline your restaurant’s operations and improve customer experience.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly: Most people use their smartphones to access the internet, so it’s important that your website is optimized for mobile devices.
How much does a restaurant website cost?
Creating a restaurant website can be rather expensive, but this depends on several factors, such as the platform used, the features included, the level of customization required, and whether you hire a professional developer or design the website yourself.
Here are some costs you may be expected to pay when creating a restaurant website:
- Website builders: Website builders like Wix, Squarespace, UpMenu, and Weebly offer affordable plans that range from $5 to $40 per month.
- Custom design: If you’re looking for a custom-designed website, you may need to hire a web developer. The cost of a custom-designed website can range from $1,000 to $10,000 or more, depending on the complexity.
- Online ordering and reservations: If you want to include online ordering and reservation features on your website, you may need to pay for additional plugins or integrations – with UpMenu, this option is included in your plan.
- Domain and hosting: You’ll need to pay for a domain name and hosting to get your website online, which costs around $10 to $20 per year.